NOW HIRING: KIDS PASTOR
The Kids Pastor is responsible for overseeing and leading all aspects of the Kids’ Ministry (nursery through grade 6) at Harbor Christian Center. This position requires well-developed leadership ability, an active and growing relationship with God, a genuine care for the parents and children of the church and community, and the ability to develop and implement innovative, age-appropriate programs for children.
- The Harbor Kids’ Ministry needs to be birthed out of your intimacy with God. It’s not just 90 minute services, but a significant space to impact a generation of children for eternity.
- Demonstrate a passion for Jesus and His Kingdom through personal spiritual discipline and public ministry.
- Seek to grow in that relationship with Jesus through personal spiritual discipline, education, accountability, and service to his Kingdom.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development or Elementary Education (or equivalent work experience) preferred.
- Experience: At least three years of leading a larger (100+) children’s ministry
* Leadership / Team Building
- Outstanding leadership, team building, and communication skills
- Ability to continually recruit and train volunteers, organize and lead a large team, develop leaders, and delegate responsibilities
- Ability to create a culture of connection, accountability, and teamwork within the team that reflects the Core Values of HCC’s Serve Team
* Ministry & Curriculum Development
- Strong biblical knowledge and ministry skills
- Ability to develop innovative ways to present the Gospel in a rapidly changing age-group that allows the church to continue to be on the cusp of cultural / technological developments.
- Ability to create and maintain an environment where kids are welcomed, known, loved, and taught the truths of God in a safe and fun atmosphere
- Ability to equip and empower kids to be used by God even at a young age
- Ability to develop community within families of the church, and offer support and resources to parents/guardians
- Proficient with computer programs such as word processing, spreadsheets, Planning Center, Google Docs, and so forth
- Understand financials and maintain positive department budget
- Maintain strong vision for HCC Kids that reflects the vision of HCC
- Develop and execute a strategic ministry plan for nursery through grade 6, which includes service planning, curriculum, activities, events, and so forth
- Provide children with a solid biblical framework and impart a love for God
- Identify, recruit, train, and empower volunteer leaders
- Ensure proper staffing and resources are made available to all age groups
- Offer pastoral care, encouragement, and support to children, families, and volunteers
- Maintain strategies for reaching and assimilating new children and families
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Attend and participate in Easter, Christmas, Connection Track, ministry launches, and other church wide events
- Submit monthly goals and staff reports; maintain communication with Lead and Associate Pastor
- Maintain and encourage church-school relationship
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.